2nd edition enriched
This book, a paean to Nature that is as pure as it is fragile, gathers a selection of Samuel’s most beautiful panoramic images. The unusual format of the work plunges the viewer into the heart of these majestic alpine spectacles so that he or she can in turn savour all their subtleties.
The first edition is published in autumn 2015 by Samuel, on his own account. The book quickly became a great success with the public. In 2016, he was awarded a prize at the famous Banff International Mountain Book Festival (Canada).
Faced with this success, Samuel decided to reissue it in 2017, in a new edition enriched with 12 new unpublished photographs.
In 2018, this 2nd edition was rewarded with an honourable mention at the very famous IPA Awards.
- Forword by Benoît Aymon, a famous journalist at the Swiss TV TSR (Télévision Suisse Romande.
- 176 pages.
- 70 panoramic colour photographs in double spreads.
- 24cm x 34cm (24cm x 68cm open).
- Edited with the support of Pro Natura Switzerland.
- Texts in three languages, French, English and German.
Price: 69.00 CHF (60.00 EUR)
An exceptional book about one of the most famous mountain ranges in the world, the European Alps.
This beautiful book pays tribute to them through the images of three renowned photographers and informative texts on geology, climatology, vegetation or geography. Taken in France, Switzerland and Italy, the photographs highlight little-known places as well as revisiting world-famous peaks and regions.
As the seasons change, these spectacular landscapes delight the reader across borders, from valley bottoms where silver streams meander to the highest eternally snow-covered peaks, via immense glacial tongues, emerald lakes bordered by flowering marshes or larch forests set ablaze by the autumn.
Thematic boxes signed by scientists specialising in the Alps provide an interdisciplinary insight into the particularities, issues and challenges of this renowned but fragile house of cards.
The photographers (images)
Located in the French Alps, Ambre de l'AlPe is a photographer and mountain guide. Since she was a child, the Alps have been her favourite playground where she searches for the play of light and dark clouds. She is the author of the magnificent book "Horizons Dentelés" (2018).
Cofounder of the nature photo agency clickalps.com, Roberto Moiola is a renowned Italian photographer. For his shots, he looks for particular angles and unusual viewpoints, sometimes from a helicopter or using a drone.
The scientists (textes)
- Martine Rebetez, climatologist (University of Neuchâtel and Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research)
- Ludovic Ravanel, geomorphologist (CNRS and Savoie Mont Blanc University in Chambéry)
- Philip Deline, geomorphologist (CNRS and Savoie Mont Blanc University in Chambéry)
- Emmanuel Reynard, geographer and geomorphologist (University of Lausanne)
- Suzy Blondin, geographer (University of Neuchâtel)
- Christophe Randin, biogeographer (Jardin botanique Flore-Alpe, Centre alpin de phytogéographie and University of Lausanne)
- Pascal Vittoz, botanist (University of Lausanne)
- Published by the publishing house of the famous swiss nature magazine La Salamandre.
- 224 pages.
- 29.8 cm x 27 cm.
- Texts in French.
- ISBN: 9782889584437.
- Official release date: 19.10.2021.
Price : 55.00 CHF